Rockfon® Medical Air stone wool ceiling tiles are used in areas where differential pressure is required to prevent diseases and infection from spreading. Additionally, these tiles can be cleaned with a diluted mixture of ammonia, chlorine, quaternary ammonium, and hydrogen peroxide. Rockfon® Medical Air stone wool ceiling tiles can also be cleaned using steam and have a low particle emission for better air quality. Their excellent sound absorption at an NRC of .85 makes them a great option for operating rooms, laboratories, and treatment rooms.
We are proud to be a leading distributor of Rockfon® Medical Air stone wool ceiling tiles and other acoustic ceiling solutions throughout New England. With three convenient locations in New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Connecticut we deliver products to your job site quickly using our extensive fleet of boom and box trucks as well as our flat beds.
Features and Benefits
- Can be used in areas where differential pressure is required to prevent infection spreading
- Can be cleaned with diluted solutions of ammonia, chlorine, quaternary ammonium and hydrogen peroxide
- Can be cleaned and disinfected effectively by steam cleaning
- Does not contribute to the growth of MRSA
- Has a low particle emission (ISO Class 3, ISO14644-1) for better air cleanliness
- The rear side of the panel is covered by an airtight high performance membrane. The edges are sealed.
- Excellent sound absorption (NRC = 0.85)
Surface burning characteristics:
UL723 (ASTM E84) Flame Spread Index: 5
Smoke Developed Index (UL Labeled): 5
CAN/ULC S102 Flame Spread Index: 15
Smoke Developed Index: 5
ASTM E1264 Classification
Type XX – Stone wool base with membrane-faced overlay, Pattern E
- Operating Room
- Treatment Room
Stone wool (Mineral Wool) ceiling tiles with factory painted glass scrim surface
Stone wool provides no sustenance to microorganisms
Microbiological class M1 fulfilling the requirements of Zone 4 (very high risk) defined by NF S 90- 351:2013. Tested with:
- Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA)
- Candida Albicans
- Aspergillus Brasiliensis
The bactericidal and fungicidal effect of dry steam cleaning meets the requirements of NF EN 14561 (> 5 log10) and NF EN 14562 (> 4 log10), meaning the disinfection is very effective.