The Chicago Metallic™ 1494 Seismic Separation Joint Clip is used in IBC category D, E and F seismic zones as a replacement method to creating traditional separation joints every 2500 sq/ft. The clip can be used to create a ceiling joint across a main runner or cross tee and can be utilized when you want to create 2 directional movements in a ceiling. It’s one-piece design makes it versatile and easy to attach.
The Chicago Metallic™ 1494 Seismic Separation Joint Clip is compatible with many of the suspension systems available. The 1494 Seismic Separation Joint Clip is a versatile product that we are glad to have in our arsenal of products. As a leading distributor of Rockfon® and Chicago Metallic™ products we are excited to deliver this product and many more throughout New England.
Features and Benefits
- Shaker table tested.
- Strong code compliant solution for seismic categories D, E, F.
- Sits on top of the grid members for easy attachment.
- Hidden design provides clean look on finished ceiling.
- 1 piece design works on all applications.
- 1494 Clip can be used on the Main Runners and Cross Tees, minimizing inventory needs.
- Maintains ceiling system strength.
ASTM E1264 Classification
International Building Code
(IBC), a seismic separation
joint is required in Seismic
Categories D, E and F where ceiling areas are larger than 2500 sq.ft. The 1494 Separation Joint Clip is a shaker table tested alternative solution to providing the unsightly traditional separation joint that is currently prescribed in the IBC.
Commercial quality steel, sized to fit Chicago Metallic ceiling grid components